Flavor Online’s favorite Filipino restaurants
This entry is simply a listing of L.A.-area Filipino eateries as suggested by the former writers and editors of The Flavor Online (formerly Pinoylife). By L.A. area, I’m including the Valley and Cerritos. I’ll add commentary where I can, but I’m sorry to say I’ve eaten at only three of these restaurants. (I’m a creature of habit.)
- Alejandro’s – 4126 Verdugo Rd, Los Angeles CA 90065.
- Asian Noodles – 643 N Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012. A sort of Filipino-fusion cuisine place in the middle of Chinatown. The calamari is painfully good (seriously, you’ll hurt yourself) and I briefly considered licking the bowl of the beefsteak.
- Bistro Manila – 8700 Woodman Ave # 7, Arleta, CA 91331. Closest one to me now, apparently.
- Chow King – 131 W Carson St Ste D, Carson, CA 90745. I believe there’s one in West Covina, too.
- Fiesta Sa Barrio – Rumor is its staffed by all the former employees of Barrio Fiesta (which used to be on San Fernando and Glendale Avenue in Glendale). I’m also not sure what the address is…
- La Maison du Pain – 5373 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90019. Filipino-owned French bakery, reviewed by the LAT (about a year ago, so the article is no longer online), Chowhound and the Third and Fairfax blog.
- Little Ongpin – 5050 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90027. Anytime I need pancit for a party, this is where I go – I carry their business card in my wallet to make last-minute phone orders. I love their miki bihon, but they also have good noodle soups. Their caldareta and adobo is good too, but they don’t serve it on a regular basis.
- Magic Wok – 11869 Artesia Blvd., Artesia, CA 90701.
- Manila Good-Ha (for breakfast) – 3324 W 6th St Ste A, Los Angeles, CA 90020-5607. There’s one in Glendale, too, along Colorado.
- Manila Sunset – 2815 W Sunset Blvd # 101, Los Angeles, CA 90026, plus locations in Sepulveda and West Covina. I go here just for the bibingka (yummmmm) and the pancit palabok.
- Oinkster – 2005 Colorado Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90041. Moonie says its Filipino owned and spectacular.
- Pinoy Bistro – 11305 183rd Street Cerritos, CA. 90703.
- Salo Salo Cerritos – 18300 Gridley Rd Ste A, Artesia, CA 90701.