I’m not obsessed with the number 5. Really. I just got tagged by Mack Reed to do this meme. And because I feel a bit guilty for not posting much at LA Voice, I’m going to play along.
- I was named after a 1970s-era newswoman, but neither my mom nor I can figure out who exactly it was. If you know who I’m talking about, let me know. However, I think my mom threw in that extra “e” that confounds everyone trying to spell my name.
- I didn’t start driving until I was 20, yet I grew up in the greater Los Angeles area. A paradox.
- I cut off 11 inches of my hair earlier this year to donate to Locks of Love. We (my coworkers and I) were going to make it a Web Extra video, but never got around to it, then the tape got taped over, then Ann Curry did it, so then it seemed to be a moot point.
- My childhood home in Hacienda Heights was foreclosed on about six months after I graduated from high school. I still dream about being able to buy it back one day.
- I’m a registered Republican. I initially did it so I could vote against George W. Bush’s Republican nomination in 2000. Now, I actually lean Republican. Hahah!